Welcome to 2021 Aviation Summer Camp!
Below you will find information on the activities for each week of the camp, attendance requirements, sponsors, and how to register for the camp.
The camps will involve:
- Learning about careers in aviation, and seeing many of them in action
- Reviewing core Georgia Standards of Excellence mathematics curriculum through an engaging aviation storyline with the Aerospace STEAM program ASPIRE
- Touring various facilities at the Dekalb-Peachtree Airport ranging from fixed based operators or FBOs like Atlantic and Epps, and on-site maintenance facilities, to the active VOR, and airport fire station
- Exploring and learning about general aviation airplanes (Piper Warrior & Cessna airplanes)
- Visiting Hermeus’ facilities, the cutting-edge start up at PDK where they are designing and building a MACH 5 supersonic aircraft
- Flying various civilian and military airplanes in virtual reality simulators
- Meeting a variety of pilots, mechanics, and business owners who all share a passion for aviation
Who can attend the camp?
Children ages 10 to 13 (at the time of the camp) who are interested in aviation
|Camp Dates & Times||Price*|
|Closed Out Week 1: June 14th to June 18th from 8 am to 12:30 pm - Limited to 12 children||$300 per child (plus tax and processing fee)|
|What are your COVID protocols?||Please keep your child home if they are ill and contact us. We will be following the CDC guidelines recommended at the time of the camp, to include distancing and masks, as well as providing readily available hand sanitizer. Your child must be willing to follow the CDC guidelines to attend the camp.|
|How many adult counselors will be with the children?||There will be a minimum of 2 or 3 adult staff with any group of campers, and 3 to 4 adult staff always available for all 12 campers.|
|What kind of clothing should my child wear?||Children should wear comfortable weather-appropriate clothing and athletic shoes.|
|Are snacks provided?||Yes, light snacks and water will be provided, however if your child has dietary preferences, restrictions, or requirements, please send the preferred snacks for your child.|
|Do you offer child care after the camp ends?||No, all camper must be picked up by end of camp at 12:30 pm.|
|Will the children fly in an airplane?||No. But an exploratory flight package will be made available through NSPIRE Aviation which will be coordinated and funded separately from the camp. (email@example.com) During the camp they will have the opportunity to sit in various airplane types with a pilot, as well as experience flight in virtual reality simulators.|
|Is a parent required to read and sign the Aviation Summer Camp Waiver?||Yes, please read, print, and sign the Aviation Summer Camp Wavier from the button above. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring the completed with your child on the first day of camp. No camper will be able to participate without the signed waiver. For additional question call us at 404-494-0237.|